Shoe Review: Brooks Ghost 13
Category- Neutral Daily Trainer
Weight- 8.8 oz (W), 10.1 oz (M)
Heal to Toe Drop: 12 mm
Stack Height (Heel/toe): 35 mm (Heel), 23 mm (Forefoot)
Preferred Surfaces: Track and Road
My quick Opinion:
As one of the most popular and beloved running shoes on the market, the Brooks Ghost is a go to for most runners. When I talk about this shoe with customers, I call it the Goldylocks shoe. It fits the majority of feet very, with lots of of room in the shoe and offering plenty of width. It also offers plenty of cushion to complete all of your daily training in. The Ghost may not have all bells and whistles of other shoes(rocker bottoms, carbon fiber plates etc) but it does the basics extremely well.
Pros for Brooks Ghost 13:
- Comes in a wide range of sizes and widths
- Comes in narrow, regular, wide and extra wide widths
- In mens sizes range from 7 all the way to 15
- In women’s sizes range from 5 to 13
- Comes in a wide range of colors
- Offers great amounts of cushion without being “too much
- Has a good tread on the bottom of shoes that helps allows for performance on wide range of terrain and environmental factors
- Secure around the heel
- Fit a majority of feet
- Overall great shoe, that does alot of things great
Cons for Brooks Ghost 13:
- Too wide for some feet
- Lacks some of the performance technologies of other shoes for race day
Comparable shoes to Brooks Ghost 13:
- New Balance 880:
- I always tell if Brooks Ghost is a Toyota Camry then the New Balance 880 is the Honda Accord. They have many of the same features and are incredibly similar. The NB 880 is a little bit narrower in the toe box but thats about it.
- Karhu Fusion 2021:
- The Karhu Fusion 2021 offers a more supportive ride due to the Mid foot fulcram. The ghost offers a more cushioned ride.
- Nike Pegasus 37
- The Nike Pegasus 37 is more narrow daily neutral that can withstand high Mileage
Who would I recommend the Brooks Ghost For?
There is a reason that the Brooks Ghost 13 is the most popular shoe on the market. Both for fit and function, the Ghost offers an unique package that benefits both experienced and new runners. So I recommend this shoe for experienced runners looking for a trainer to put on a ton of miles. The accepting fit and cushion allows an optimal shoe for a new runner unsure about what shoe to choose.