Shoe Review: Saucony Triumph 18
Category- Neutral Daily Trainer-Premium Cushioning
Weight-9.7 oz(W), 11.1(M)
Heal to Toe Drop: 8 mm
Stack Height (Heel/toe): 32.5 mm (Heel), 24.5 mm (Forefoot)
Preferred Surfaces: Track and Road
My quick Opinion:
Most of the serious runners I work with have made the triumph their go to shoe to eat up miles. Its TPU foam offers it asuper bouncy and soft feel that makes your long run effortless. Around the foot it fits true to size and has a lot of plushness around the heel. For none runners, I think this is one of the most comfortable shoes on the market, without having a the ultra cushion look of the Hokas.
Pros for Saucony Triumph 18:
- Comes in a wide range of sizes and widths
- Comes in regular, wide widths
- In mens sizes range from 7 all the way to 15
- In women’s sizes range from 5 to 12
- Comes in a wide range of colors
- Has some real funky colors along with very neutral colors
- Offers premium cushioning, in a sleek look
- Durable and able to hold up under high mileage
- Plush feel around the heel
- Fits true to size
- Can be used for running or all day comfort.
Cons for Saucony Triumph 18:
- Heavier shoe and not optional for speed days
Comparable shoes to Saucony Triumph 18:
- Mizuno Wave Sky 4:
- In many ways this the same shoe. The Mizuno run slightly more narrow. However, the underfoot foam is very similar.
- New Balance 1080:
- The 1080 is another premium cushioned shoe that serves as a workhorse for your training. The Fresh foam in the 1080 does not hold up as well as the TPU foam in the triumph.
- Hoka Bondi
- For people who are standing on their feet both the triumph and bondi are good options. Triumph has a more sleek look compared to the bondi
Who would I recommend the Saucony Triumph For?
Most of the serious high end runners I know have made this their “work horse” shoe. These shoes offer them the ability to eat up miles with a smooth and cushioned. The TPU foam offers a high energy return. High end runners will be who I suggest this to the most. I would also recommend it to someone who is on their feet all day and looking for a more sleek option than the Hoka Bondi.